As your academic advisor, I want to see you get started off on the right path at IU Columbus. You are receiving a lot of information today as well as at orientation, and I want to be sure that you leave here fully aware of the key tools and policies that will impact your success at IU Columbus.
Please review the following points that you, the student must be aware of:
- IU e-mail is official communication. It is the primary means of communication with me. I must make certain that my IU e-mail account is fully set up and then check it at least every other day beginning today.
- My semester grades, financial aid package, and bill are found in One.IU. Most things of this nature are found only in One.IU and are not sent to my home address via paper mail. I must make certain to check my One.IU account at least once a week beginning today.
- Both my academic status and eligibility to receive future financial aid is dependent on my grades.
- If I am a full-time student and earn less than a 1.000 GPA (D average) in my first semester, I will be academically dismissed from the university after just one semester.
- If I am struggling in a class, I may withdraw from the course – by the established deadline date – with no impact on my GPA.
- See the academic calendar for important dates regarding adds, drops, and withdrawals.
- If I enroll in a course that meets for 6 weeks or longer and I do not attend at least 50% of the course activities/meetings within the first 25% of the course, I may be administratively withdrawn from the course. Administrative withdrawal may have academic, financial, financial aid, and international visa implications. If I am administratively withdrawn from a course, I will not be eligible for a tuition refund.
- If I don’t know who to ask about something at IU Columbus, I will contact my advisor who will tell me who to connect with to learn the information I seek.