Pass/Fail Option

Talk to your advisor

Every degree program has different requirements for taking the pass/fail option—check your division’s academic bulletin for details. Most pass/fail courses are electives.

If you want to take a class as pass/fail, you’ll need to get a pass/fail option form from your academic advisor. Fill out the form, get the required signatures, and return the form to the registrar services office by the pass/fail deadline.