Are you out-going, friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable about IUPUC?
Represent the university and the Office of Recruitment and Admissions at high schools, campus events, and around the community as a Student Ambassador. Provide information about what the university has to offer and share your own IUPUC experience with prospective students and parents. In exchange, you’ll have an opportunity to learn valuable leadership skills that will serve you well in your career.
Student Ambassadors devote about five hours per week to ambassador activities, such as:
- Leading campus tours (upon request) for interested students and their families
- Assisting with on- and off-campus events, like VIP Days, career and job fairs, and college fairs
- Presenting information about campus life and the IUPUC student experience to students at high schools
throughout the region
- Communicating with interested students through personal letters, e-mails, and telephone calls
- Attending regularly scheduled ambassador meetings
If you are selected as a Student Ambassador, you will receive a paid scholarship each semester.
In addition to having the benefit of one-on-one training and mentoring from faculty and staff, you will make integral contributions to campus life. As an ambassador, you will be a visible presence on campus who is recognized by the vice chancellor, faculty, staff, and other students.
But more importantly, you will gain valuable professional experience and skills that will benefit you after graduation, such as:
- Using PowerPoint presentations to communicate important information and key campus messages to small and large groups of people.
- Engaging in public speaking and interpersonal communications in a variety of settings.
- Networking, participating as a member of a work team, and time management.
Any full-time IUPUC student can apply to become a Student Ambassador. Most ambassadors assume their duties at the beginning of the fall or spring semesters.
- Please download and complete the Student Ambassador application. Drop off your completed at the Student Services Desk, located in CC Room 156.
- For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812.348.7390.