How to Apply
Applications must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid by June 1, 2019 for funding beginning in fall 2019. The scholarship recipient will be notified of receipt by June 15, 2019.
Requirements and Description:
- Applicant is an incoming IUPUC first year (freshman) student
- Applicant must be admitted as a student by IUPUC no later than May 29, 2019 with the intent to pursue a bachelor’s degree
- Applicant must be enrolled as full-time student at IUPUC by July 31, 2019
- Applicant must be residing in Bartholomew County, Indiana.
- Preference will be given for African American students. Because as part of its mission, Indiana University is committed to diversity, special consideration will be given to underrepresented populations including but not limited to financially challenged students and/or students with diverse cultural experiences.
- $1000 paid in two payments - $500 paid in the fall semester and $500 paid in the spring semester.
- After initially receiving the scholarship, a recipient can seek renewal of the scholarship annually for up to three academic years beyond the freshman year dependent upon academic performance.
- The scholarship recipient will receive academic advisement from IUPUC staff and mentoring from professionals.
(After academic year 2019-20, GPA minimums will apply for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. This information will be listed on the IUPUC scholarship portal in subsequent years.)