Finding financial aid for summer classes
If you’re an undergraduate or graduate student planning to take summer classes, you may be able to get certain loans and grants during the summer. After you’ve enrolled in summer classes, we’ll let you know whether you’re eligible for aid. To be considered for summer aid, you must have filed your FAFSA and meet the eligibility requirements:
- You must be enrolled in a minimum number of credit hours:
- Undergraduates: At least six hours
- Graduate students: At least four hours
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress.
- You’ll need to be approved for a consortium if you’re attending summer classes on another IU campus.
Different loan and grant programs may have additional requirements.