There are a few common reasons you might not be able to register for classes. Find out what they are—and what you need to do to fix them.
You won’t be able to register for classes if there’s a hold on your account. Before you register, log into One.IU and visit Record Holds to make sure you’re in the clear. Holds are listed on the right side of the page.
Here are some of the reasons you might have a hold:
- You have a past due account
- You’re required to meet with an advisor before you can register
- You’ve been placed on an academic checklist due to poor academic performance
- Your immunization information is incomplete
- We need information about your residence status or citizenship
If there’s a hold on your account, you’ll see the reason, the department that issued it, and what you need to do next. Holds are usually released 24 hours after you take action. Once all holds are cleared, you’ll be allowed to register.Find out if you have a hold