Submit an appeal
You can submit an appeal to the Office of Student Financial Services SAP committee. Information on how to submit an appeal is included in the SAP notification email. To help complete your appeal, you should schedule an appointment with your academic advisor in order to develop an academic plan for the upcoming academic year that will enable you to meet the minimum SAP requirements.
A complete SAP appeal includes the following components:
- Your completed appeal form, including information from your advisor when necessary.
- A typed statement explaining the circumstances that contributed to your unsatisfactory academic progress during all periods of enrollment regardless of whether or not you received financial aid for those terms. Your statement should include any behavioral modifications you have made or will be making to ensure you can be academically successful in the future.
- Documentation supporting your statement, which may include:
- For a medical condition: a physician’s (or health care provider’s) statement confirming your condition and that they support your decision to continue your enrollment.
- For the death of family member: a copy of the death certificate or obituary.
- For a divorce or separation: a court document or statement from the student/parent.
- For military service: official military orders.
The Office of Student Financial Services SAP Committee will review your appeal. Decisions are made after careful evaluation of your unique circumstances, Federal Title IV regulations, and IUPUC guidelines. You’ll be notified of our decision at your IU email account. You can expect a decision within 15 business days. During this time, you’re responsible for any tuition and fees (including late fees) that are charged to your account.
Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request these forms in an accessible format.